Barbara Corcoran's credentials include straight D's in high school and college and twenty jobs by the time she turned twenty-three. It was her next job that would make her one of the most successful entrepreneurs in the country when she took a $1000 loan to start The Corcoran Group. She parlayed the loan into a five-billion-dollar real estate business and sold it in 2001 for $66 million.
Barbara isa Star on ABC's reality hit Shark Tank. In the first and second season, Barbara bought eleven young businesses that she's shepherding to success.
Barbara is the author of If You Don't Have Big Breasts, Put Ribbons on Your Pigtails, an entertaining business book that has become a national best-seller, as well as Nextville, Amazing Places to Live Your Life. Her latest book, Shark Tales, hit the #1 business book on Amazon.
As a speaker, Barbara brings her front-line experience and infectious energy to every group she addresses. Motivational, inspirational, and sometimes outrageous, Barbara Corcoran's tell-it-like-it-is attitude is a refreshing approach to success.
- Finance, Economics
- Motivation, Inspiration
- Entrepreneurs, Networking
- Business - Strategy
- Barbara is the real estate contributor for NBC's TODAY Show where she comments weekly on trends in the real estate market.
Key NotesFee Range: Contact Us Lives In: New York City, New York
- 10 Ways To Build a Powerful Brand --
Branding may be the single most important key to success in today’s highly competitive world of commerce. Barbara Corcoran is known for having built the most successful real estate brand in New York City, and now she reveals easy to follow tips on how she does it: how to create an image much bigger than reality; how to use the press to get free publicity; how to turn yourself into the go-to expert in your field. Barbara shares her personal advice, insights and anecdotes on creating a powerful brand.
- 10 Ways To Lead Your Team To Greatness --
Entrepreneurs, business managers and salespeople alike benefit from lessons in how to get people moving on the path to greatness. Barbara Corcoran, who built The Corcoran Group, New York’s largest real estate company, is an expert in the art of leading a team to success. From hiring the right people and firing the wrong ones, establishing an atmosphere that breeds innovation, persisting when all the chips are down and creating fun in the workplace, Barbara shares her unique and winning strategies.
- Barbara’s Inspirational Rags to Riches Story --
How do you turn a $1,000 loan into a five-billion dollar business? According to self-made real estate empress Barbara Corcoran, you do it by learning how to fail well. Barbara tells the story of how, armed with a loan from her boyfriend and her own gritty determination, she quit her job as a waitress to start a tiny real estate company in New York City and turned that company into a multi-billion dollar business. A highly motivational and hugely entertaining success story with the big life lessons Barbara learned along the way.
- "Barbara electrified the audience because they knew she had travelled a path in life that had similarities to their own. While others talk about thinking outside the box, Barbara has seldom stepped inside that box. Her words were nothing less than priceless and there is no doubt that the impression she made will be a gift carried by all for the rest of their lives. Everyone fell in love with her!" -- Rick Schwartz, President & CEO, World Association of Domain Name Developers Inc.
- "By dedicating the time and attention to understanding both our models and the challenges that face our franchisees, your keynote carried the weight of someone who is as invested and committed as they are, it was powerful, on track, needed, required, and well worth it." -- Tracy Christman, Budget Blinds, Inc.