She may not be the MP with the M.D, but Carolyn Bennett is no stranger to the medical profession. A veteran standup comic and comedy writer, Carolyn delivers a passionate presentation on mental health in the workplace. Drawing on her experiences as a former addict, Carolyn sheds light on the hidden epidemic of drug and alcohol addiction and depression in the workforce and de-stigmatizes these prevalent conditions. Be prepared for fun because Carolyn knows laughter is the best medicine – next to Paxil.
- Motivation, Inspiration
- Addiction Recovery
- Carolyn co-produced and was featured in the live comedy show Prescription for Laughter, hosted by Dr. Rob Buckman.
- Her writing credits include Air Farce, This Hour Has 22 Minutes and The NHL Awards
- She has toured as a standup comic with Yuk Yuk's and has appeared at Just For Laughs.
- She freelances for publications including the Toronto Star, National Post, Montreal Gazette and was a film columnist for Eye Weekly in Toronto.
- She currently writes for television and does standup at the Laugh Resort in Toronto.
In Her Words
"I moved today -- from the couch to the fridge and back. I feel it's progress."
"I bought a house to suit my lifestyle…it's semi-detached."
"You may as well laugh – nobody wants to hear about your hemorrhoids."
"Ask for help. People are only too willing to compare their misery."
Key NotesFee Range: 3,000 to 5,000 CDN Lives In: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, economy travel expenses in addition to speaking fee
- Staying Sane in an Insane World --
Maintaining your sense of humor and reaching out to others when the pressure is on. How to tune out, turn off, unplug. Carolyn will also deliver customized standup comedy for your next corporate event.
- "This witty stand-up will leave you in stitches" -- NOW
- "Carolyn spoke for us at the Women's Health Expo and Forum 2007. She managed to make endometriosis funny. Now that takes enormous talent!" -- Jan Silverman, Clinical Program Specialist, Women's College Hospital.
- "Carolyn performed at our volunteer recognition banquet and she did a fantastic job! Her clever humour and warm personality really brought the room alive. Our audience base was from age 20 to 75 and everyone enjoyed her performance. She is a joy to work with and we would not hesitate to call upon Carolyn again." -- Lorraine Johnson, Events Manager, Renascent & Renascent Foundation