Dr. Christine Horner
Dr. Christine Horner is a board certified and nationally recognized surgeon, author, professional speaker and a relentless champion for women's health. She is passionate about teaching people the tools for staying healthy naturally, avoiding disease, and living life to its fullest potential. Her presentations are charismatic and persuasive. As a result, Dr. Horner has both educated and inspired countless women and men to live a healthier lifestyle.
In the late 90's Dr. Horner spearheaded a national campaign to pass laws requiring insurance companies to pay for breast reconstruction following mastectomy. Her five-year effort led to laws in thirty-five states and a federal law passed by Congress on October 21, 1998.
Dr. Horner helped to create the first ever syndicated television news segment exclusively focused on complementary and alternative medicine and natural approaches to staying healthy in 1999. In 2001, the segment was syndicated on the WISDOM Television Network, reaching 5.5 million households. Dr. Horner is the host and medical editor of the segment.
Her book, Waking the Warrior Goddess: Dr. Christine Horner's Program to Protect Against and Fight Breast Cancer won the 2006 Independent Publishers Book Awards (IPPY) "Best book of the year for health, medicine, and nutrition".
- Motivation, Inspiration
- Health, Wellness
- Dr. Christine Horner earned her medical degree from University of Cincinnati School of Medicine 1984.
- She completed 2 residencies; one in general surgery in 1989 at Good Samaritan Hospital in Cincinnati and the other in plastic surgery in 1991 at the University of Indiana, in Indianapolis, Indiana. She holds 2 board certifications: the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Dr. Horner is also a fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
- From 1991-2002, Dr. Horner worked in private practice as a plastic surgeon in the Greater Cincinnati area
- Dr. Horner hosted a television news segment on Complementary and Alternative Medicine first on WCPO-TV Cincinnati, then on WLWT-TV Cincinnati 1999-2002. The segment was nationally syndicated to the Wisdom Television Network 2001-2002
- Dr. Horner left her surgical practice in 2002 to devote herself full time to teaching people how to become and stay healthy naturally.
- She has been featured in dozens of national magazines, newspapers, and television news programs, including CNN and FOX national news. February 1999, Glamour magazine honored her as their "WOW Woman of the Month". In 2000, Oprah recognized her as a part of her "Angel Network" on her television program. Dr. Horner has received many honors including the YWCA Career Women of Achievement award in 1997 and in 2001, she was voted by her peers as one of Cincinnati's "Top Doctors." In 2007, she was awarded the "Top 25 Women Life Moxie! Award" and the Girls, Gals, and Gurus "Leaving a Legacy Award."
- Dr. Horner currently crisscrosses the US, Mexico and Canada as a speaker each year. She also free-lance writes for magazines, is a frequent guest on radio, television, and national magazines, hosts a weekly podcast on Yaktivate.com called "Natural Health Yak," hosts monthly teleseminars, and provides private consultations.
In Her Words
"Your choices every day significantly influence your chances of staying healthy, or developing a disease such as cancer. The problem is that most of us don't know precisely what we should do–or avoid—to create and maintain radiant health. My passion is teaching the keys to extraordinary health. There is nothing more rewarding to me than to hear from someone that the information I shared with them changed their life and they have never felt better!"
Key NotesFee Range: 5,000 to 7,500 USD Lives In: Taos, New Mexico
- A Plastic Surgeon's Secrets to Slow Aging—Naturally --
As a plastic surgeon, Dr. Horner specialized in helping people to turn back the clock. This seminar presents many different natural techniques that can slow and reverse aging, enhance beauty and help you to stay healthy naturally.
- Ayurveda: The Rediscovery of a Powerful Ancient System of Health and Prevention --
Western Medicine holds little knowledge about how to create and maintain health. Fortunately, there is a 5,000 year old system of holistic health from India called Ayurveda that does. Ayurveda holds the secrets to living a long healthy life free from disease. This seminar presents the fundamental principals and techniques of this fascinating ancient system of medicine. Participants will gain insight to their individual physiological constitutions and to a few simple, but powerful ways to dramatically improve their health.
- Electromagnetic frequencies: Their dangers and what you can do to protect yourself! --
Cell phones, Ipods, PDAs, computers, hair dryers, microwaves—we are surrounded by wired and wireless devices—all of which produce EMFs. EMFs is now being recognized as a source of a new dangerous pollution: electrical pollution. Electrical pollution interfere with the ability of our cells to communicate with each other, disrupt the blood brain barrier, damage our DNA and significantly increase the risk of brain tumors, breast cancer and leukemia. It can also add to the severity of many chronic disorders from migraine headaches, fibromyalgia, to ADD and autism. In this seminar, Dr. Horner tells you exactly how avoid and protect against the damaging effects of EMFs.
- Natural Approaches to Preventing and Treating Chronic Disorders --
Chronic disorders like diabetes, arthritis, heart disease, and the most common types of cancer are largely preventable through natural approaches. Multiple different seminars are available on these topics. One seminar presents the overall type of diet and lifestyle that produces good health based on the principal of Ayurveda. Seminars are also available on each specific disease condition. You chose the chronic disorder, and Dr. Horner will present a seminar on all the research-proven natural approaches to protect against and treat that disease.
- Natural Approaches to Protecting Against and Fighting Breast Cancer --
An unspoken fear haunts most women today—the fear that breast cancer is inevitable, and that the clock is ticking. Everyone knows someone who has it or who has had it. That's because breast cancer has reached epidemic proportions in the United States. What can we do about it? A lot! Research shows that breast cancer is a largely preventable disease. In this seminar, Dr. Horner shares lifesaving information: The many research-proven natural approaches--what to do and what not to do--that can dramatically protect against breast cancer and help women who have this disease improve their chances of surviving it. Participants will learn over 30 different lifesaving dietary, supplements and lifestyle choices proven to be highly effective against the development and progression of breast cancer. These same techniques also help to protect against many other diseases and help one to achieve and maintain excellent health.
- Stress Busting: How to Squelch the Damaging Effects of Chronic Stress --
Let's face it—life is stressful. Every day "stuff" happens that can send us into a state of "fight or flight." The National Institute of Health has said that stress plays a significant role in 90% of illnesses—mental and physical. So learning how to subdue the damaging effects of it is crucial for good health. Stress is not something out there—it is purely an internal reaction and there are many ways that you can put the skids on it. In this seminar, Dr. Horner shares all the research-proven, simple, natural techniques that can help you squelch this dangerous killer.
- "I enjoy speakers like Christine who present in-depth information. Very Meaty. Just what I am looking for."
- "Your presentation was well researched and documented, thoughtfully organized, and presented in a fun, relaxed and interactive style. A winning combination. I learned many new (and startling) things, and appreciate your commitment and passion to make this information available and easily understood."
- Christine Horner will "wow" any crowd. She is a terrific speaker who is simultaneously informative and irreverent. Dr. Horner is exceedingly polished as well as unabashedly honest. It is a real treat to listen to her -- you can't help but walk away amused and educated. -- Julie Silver, MD Assistant Professor Harvard Medical School and award winning author of more than a dozen books including After Cancer Treatment: Heal Faster, Better, Stronger