Joanne Thomas Yaccato
Joanne Thomas Yaccato is the president and founder of The Thomas Yaccato Group, known as Corporate Canada's Gender Lens. She specializes in helping companies apply the unique concept of gender intelligence by casting a wide-angle gender lens over their practices and processes. Royal Bank Financial Group, Imperial Oil, Scotiabank, IKEA, Home Depot, The B.C. Government and Toyota Canada are but a few that have reaped great reward from their work with Joanne. One of Canada's most popular business writers, Joanne uses her personal experience and hilarious misadventures as the backdrop to all of her books. Joanne's newest book, Gender Intelligent Retail Ecology, written with retailing guru Sean McSweeney, is a groundbreaking look at how retailers and service providers can meet the needs of women consumers. Joanne has been nominated for the Governor General's award, and has received two nominations each for the Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur of the Year Award and the YWCA's National Women of Distinction Award.
- Marketing, Branding
- Diversity, Culture
- Her book The 80% Minority: Reaching the Real World of Women Consumers is the first book in Canada to offer the truth behind women consumers and their relationship with corporate Canada.
- Her bestselling books include the newly released 10th Anniversary Edition of Balancing Act: A Canadian Woman's Financial Success Guide and Raising Your Business: A Canadian Woman's Guide to Entrepreneurship which was nominated for the prestigious National Business Book Award. Both books have sold an impressive 75,000 copies and continue to sell to new generations of women.
- Her book reveals how to create the critically important gender lens that companies need in order to create authentic products, services and business strategies to attract the attention and loyalty of women consumers. Most importantly, The 80% Minority proves categorically there is a straight-line connection between getting it right with women and getting it right with everyone else.
- Joanne is a regular contributor to Canada's media including CBC, CTV and the country's top financial press and national newspapers.
- As a sought-after speaker on the national speaking circuit, Joanne has chaired and spoken at several international conferences from New York to the Caribbean, covering topics that range from women and wealth management to selling and marketing financial services to women. She has shared the stage with such luminaries as Dr. Jane Goodall, Anita Roddick, Jann Arden and the first woman of colour to be an astronaut, Dr. Mae Jamieson.
In Her Words
Key NotesFee Range: 12,500 to 12,500 CDN Lives In: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Reaching the Real World of Women Consumers --
The speech version of the course Reaching the Real World of Women Consumers offers a compelling synopsis on how to reach Canada's most powerful consumer group — women. It's available in three other versions as well: Reaching the Real World of Women Investors, Reaching the Real World of Women Car Buyers, and Reaching the Real World of Women Entrepreneurs.
- This is What I Really Mean…" --
The RBC Royal Bank Financial Group, the Ontario Medical Association and the Ontario Hospital Association are examples of the many groups who have benefited from this innovative speech. It's based on the day-long version of the course of the same name, and offers a revealing look into the different worlds of women and men in the workplace. Filled with Joanne's unique perspective and personal experiences, "This is What I Really Mean…" is an eye-opening favorite at company conferences.
- "Joanne Thomas Yaccato has done us all a big favour. She has worked to show us the "real" world. By helping to open our eyes to the world we live in, she opens the doors of opportunity. It is often difficult for old institutions first to recognize and then to react to our changed and changing demands as a society. Joanne helps us see and then navigate the new world with sound insights and an eye that sees our follies and then focuses on a better way to meet the demands of the future." -- Gordon Campbell, Premier, Province of British Columbia
- "Joanne doesn't spend a lot of time looking in the rear-view mirror – she's a lady that's focuses forward. Listen to the advice she gives: her message is critical in helping leaders understand this emerging and dynamic market." -- Annette Verschuren, President, The Home Depot Canada
- "As a marketer, I'm expected to understand how our guests think and feel about our products and services. Joanne's seminar made me realize that at least 50% of the population doesn't necessarily react and respond to our offers and promotions in the same way I do. After the seminar our Marketing leadership team is now looking at our site level experience through a much different lens." -- Phil Churton, Vice President of Marketing, Petro-Canada
- "Joanne Thomas Yaccato offers a unique perspective into the automotive industry and its relationship with women car buyers. Her focus groups provided us with thoughtful insight into this important consumer and her innovative and analytic ability helped us rethink and reframe our point of sale materials away from "finance and car- speak" into a language women want to hear." -- Peter Sinuita, President, Ford Credit Canada