Lisa Johnson is the co-author of Don't Think Pink and CEO of ReachWomen – an international research and marketing consultancy that helps companies reach women customers and create more compelling and relevant brand experiences. A leading authority on marketing to women, Lisa provides keen insights into how to make women feel heard, involved and inspired to buy. She's developed innovative listening methods and research techniques that have enabled companies to cultivate the loyalty they need to stand out in a competitive marketplace. Lisa really knows what makes women buy.
- Marketing, Branding
- Business - Strategy
- Don't Think Pink: What Really Makes Women Buy and How to Increase Your Share of This Crucial Market was featured in Harvard Business School's Working Knowledge, the New York Times magazine, and on NPR's Marketplace.
- SoundViews called it one of the top 30 business books of 2004.
- A sought-after corporate trainer and brand consultant, Lisa has an up-to-the-minute understanding of market forces, trends and women's buying minds.
- Lisa's clients include Kohler, Intel, Motorola, Mercedes-Benz, Dream Dinners, the Outdoor Industry Association, Office Depot, Panasonic, Brown Foreman and Giant Bicycles.
- She's been quoted in the New York Times magazine, American Demographics, AdWeek, Men's Health, American Executive, and Redbook.
- Lisa has a way of using stories and word pictures to make complex concepts come alive. Her "that's me" insights into the behavior of women keep her audience members laughing and nodding. Combining insight with actionable strategy means people don't just leave enlightened but also equipped to head back to the office and make relevant changes.
In Her Words
"Develop yourself as a person. What you offer your family, clients and the world is not just what you know, but who you are."
Key NotesFee Range: 15,000 to 15,000 USD Lives In: Eugene, Oregon, United States
- Do-it-Herself Communities: A proven strategy for attracting new customers, increasing profits and fueling word of mouth sales --
Many women are diving into activities that were formally the testosterone-laden domain of men, fueling significant growth and profits. Forward thinking manufacturers and retailers are successfully responding to this group of adventure-seeking consumers with "for-women" classes, events and learning communities. A smart and tightly focused campaign tailored for females can generate incredible results, and Lisa provides the research, case studies, strategies and tools needed to create your own thriving brand community.
- Don't Think Pink: Creating relevance and increased market share with women – without "feminizing" your brand --
Lisa uses stories, examples, industry case studies and a good dose of humor to build a solid understanding about the buying power and behavior of women consumers. Forget "shrinked and pinked" products. Lisa educates the audience about relevant brand positioning for women including visible, transparent, and hybrid approaches. The rationale and criteria for each position is discussed and brand examples bring each concept alive.
- How She Buys: Selling secrets that win big with women… and over-deliver to men --
Would you be surprised to learn that women are the largest and fastest-growing opportunity in big-ticket consumer markets and traditionally male-focused industries? Yet in many of these categories – outdoor, consumer electronics, hunting, computers, home improvement, and boating, to name a few – women report sales experiences which do more to repel them than to pull them in. This entertaining and useful presentation provides the inside scoop on brand communications, sales presentations, closing the sale, and ongoing customer relationship building – all through the lens of what women want.
- What She Craves: Leveraging her market cravings to build addictive brands --
Lisa reveals the six major cravings driving today's technology-savvy, über consumers and anticipates what's ahead by using leading-edge research and cultural touch points as a directional compass. Fascinating, handpicked case studies from a diverse range of industries help the audience understand the fresh shapes and new ideas taking hold in the marketplace. Lisa offers a master class in smart marketing to a new generation of technology-savvy women shoppers and equips the audience to transform their knowledge into bottom-line results and future opportunities.
- "The hallmark of Lisa's presentation style is her enthusiasm and relatable "that's me" moments. She is able to describe differences in how males and females think in a non-clinical way -- even the males in the room were nodding and laughing. Her ideas were relevant, and since she spoke to us I've heard many references back to this training. Her first talk was so popular, some members of upper management specifically requested that she come
- "Lisa is the most engaging and energetic speaker I've heard in many years. Her practical tips about connecting with the most powerful consumer group for most businesses today were invaluable. And to top it off, a few of her suggestions regarding the different communication styles for men and women might just keep me out of the "dog house" at home to boot." -- Lee Fromson, Cascade Designs Inc., President
- "Lisa is a very dynamic and engaging speaker who presented information on women consumers in a way that was tangible to all in the audience. In a highly energetic way, she made it very clear that the opportunity to expand one's business around women consumers is very real and very attainable. And, in talking to many people who attended her presentation, it was clear that she inspired and motivated people to take action in this direction." -- Rob Mitchell, Smartwool, Vice President, Product and Marketing