Marci Ien is the host of Canada AM-Early Edition and News Anchor for the program. She also formerly anchored CTV Newsnet since its inception in 1997.
Ien began her journalism career at CHCH-TV in 1991 where she started writing for the late newscast as well as general assignment reporting. Her news serial Journey to Freedom, a look at the Underground Railroad, earned Ien a Canadian Radio and Television News Directors' Award in 1995. That same year, she began reporting at Queens Park, covering daily political news for CHCH-TV's regional newscast as well as its British Columbia-based evening show, Canada Tonight.
In 1997, Ien made her national debut as part of CTV's news team in Atlantic Canada. During her time there she covered stories in all four provinces including the crash of a Swiss Air jetliner off Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia in 1998.
A mother herself, Ien is involved with several child-based agencies and organizations including The Children's Miracle Network – a North American network of children's hospitals founded by Marie Osmond and John Schneider – and hosts various events in Canada and the U.S. Ien sits on the Board of Healthy Generations – the foundation of the Canadian Pediatric Society and on the Advisory Board for the Centennial College Journalism Program. Additionally, she works with World Vision for whom she traveled to Sri Lanka to report on the situation following the 2004 Tsunami. Ien also regularly speaks to kids about the importance of staying in school.
- Motivation, Inspiration
- M.C., Interactive Demos
- Marci is the Host of Canada AM-Early Editio and News Anchor, Canada AM
- She is the 2008 recipient of BBPA Harry Jerome Award in the media category
- From 1997 – 2005, she was the Morning News Anchor of CTV Newsnet
- She made her national debut as part of CTV's news team in Atlantic Canada in 1997
- In 1995, she earned a Canadian Radio Television News Directors' Award for her news serial, Journey to Freedom, a look at the Underground Railroad, 1995
- Marci worked with CHCH-TV in 1991 in the roles of news writing and reporting