Ruma Bose is a serial entrepreneur, investor, philanthropist, and author of the bestselling book Mother Teresa, CEO: Unexpected Principles for Practical Leadership, which explores the leadership principles that led Mother Teresa, with whom Bose actually worked, to create one of the world's largest and most successful organizations.
Bose is currently president and co-CEO of Sprayology, an innovative wellness company that sells vitamin and homeopathic oral sprays. Previously, she worked as a venture capitalist, advisor, and executive with many early-stage companies in the consumer industry. Bose was the president of a leading international cosmetics brand, and she advised several luxury brands as a managing director at Sage Beauty Group and senior director at Roseworth Capital.
- Leadership, Management
- Motivation, Inspiration
- Entrepreneurs, Networking
- Human Rights, Peace
- Philanthropy, Fundraising
- Widely recognized for her achievements, Bose has been featured in the Economist, Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Los Angeles Times, Business Insider, Financial Chronicle, New York Post, Investor's Business Daily, and Smart Company.
- She has spoken at the United Nations and is a regular speaker at entrepreneurial- and philanthropy-related conferences. In addition, she was included in Perspectives in Philanthropy's list of "2011 Next Generation Change Makers in Philanthropy."
- Bose is a member of the Young Presidents' Organization (YPO) and serves on the boards of SecretBuilders, an online children's "edutainment" firm; and Invup, a web platform for managing and optimizing corporate social responsibility. She also serves on the nonprofit boards of SEED NY and Kopernik.
- Bose obtained her master's degree in business administration from Dalhousie University in Canada