Rumeet Toor is the President of Jobs in Education, an employment job board bringing together employers and job seekers within the K-12 education sector.
At the age of 25 and again at the age of 28, this passionate and dynamic advocate in global education received the honour of being named one of Canada's Top 100 Most Powerful Women in the future leaders category.
Over the past five years, Rumeet has contributed to school building initiatives in Africa and South America. In 2010, Rumeet's vision for enabling education led to the creation, development, and implementation of The Toor Centre for Teacher Education in the rural community of Nzeveni, Kenya.
- Motivation, Inspiration
- Education, Learning Issues
- International, World View
- Philanthropy, Fundraising
- Youth, Girls Esteem
- Rumeet is currently embarking on a PhD in Higher Education at the University of Toronto alongside a collaborative doctoral program with The Munk School of Global Affairs in The Dynamics of Global Change. Additionally, Rumeet is teaching three sections of a Leadership course at Humber College in Toronto.
- She was selected to represent Canada at the 6th Annual UNESCO International Leadership Programme: A Global Intergenerational Forum, and was a facilitator for the European Regional Forum in Italy.
- Rumeet also served as the Canadian Ambassador for the 1GOAL: Education for All campaign with FIFA World Cup.
- For 2012, her focus is to continue integrating her business and doctoral studies with her passion for creating change through education.