Sabrina Parsons is CEO of Palo Alto Software, developer of the best-selling business planning software, Business Plan Pro. Palo Alto Software developes software and tools specifically targeted for entrepreneurs and small-business owners. Sabrina assumed the CEO role in 2007 and is responsible for Palo Alto's business planning, fiscal and strategic goals and all of the company's traditional marketing.
Sabrina began her professional career with the marketing team at EnCommerce. In 1997, she became Director of Online Marketing at CommTouch Ltd. an email services company, and left in 1999 to help start Epinions.com. Epinons.com was bought by Shopping.com and later by eBay, becoming an eBay property.
Besides being a busy and successful tech entrepreneur, Sabrina is a mother of three young boys and is the author of a blog about the challenges and rewards of being a "Mommy CEO".
- Leadership, Management
- Information Technology (IT)
- Entrepreneurs, Networking
- Executive Insights
- Business - Strategy
- In 2000, Sabrina founded Lighting Out Inc., an internet consulting company. While at Lighting Out, Sabrina focused on improving conversion rates online for clients, achieving, in some cases over 100% conversion rate improvements.
- In 2001, she moved to London, continued consulting with Lighting Out, and also founded a software distribution company. She eventually sold the company to Palo Alto Software and joined headquarters in Eugene, Or as the head of Marketing and Communications. She is also President of the Princeton Entrepreneurs' Network. Sabrina will also chair the 2012 Willamette Angel Conference.
- Sabrina beloves in community involvement and is helping and volunteering in different organizations in Oregon to help further economic development and public education in the community. She sits on the Board of Directors for the Eugene Chamber of Commerce, on the Board of Directors for Whole Earth Nature School, and has been nominated by the School Board to join the budget committee for the 4J School District. She is also the technology adviser for the Fox Hollow Charlemagne Elementary School PTO.
- She is a staunch supporter of entrepreneurs, and supports entrepreneurial organizations. She is President of the Princeton Entrepreneurs' Network (www.princetonen.org). Sabrina will also chair the 2012 Willamette Angel Conference (http://www.willametteconference.com/).
- Sabrina, as a mother of 3 boys 7 and under, is the author of a blog about the challenges and rewards of being a "Mommy CEO" on ForbesWomen.
- She is a graduate of Princeton University.
Key NotesFee Range: 15,000 to 15,000 USD Lives In: Eugene, Oregon
Entrepreneurship - Having started several successful businesses, Sabrina can enlighten and educate on how to grow an idea as well as build an actionable, adaptable, plan for starting and growing a business.
Balancing Family with Work - As a parent of three young boys and CEO of Palo Alto Software, Sabrina is familiar with doing it all. As the author of the column "MommyCEO" published by Forbes, Sabrina can speak to juggling many breakable plates with humor and insight.
The Changing Face of Business Planning - Like everything else in our lives, planning in business is being influenced by social networks, advances in technology, and changes in the economy. As CEO of a successful software company, Sabrina can share critical insights on how to strategize within the storm of these rapid changes.