In 2007, Sarah Taylor suffered a fall that left her in an induced coma for 10 days. After miraculous life saving surgery, she under went months of intensive speech therapy and nearly a year later, she triumphantly returned to work as one of MuchMusic's most popular VJs.
In her role at MuchMusic, Sarah has had the pleasure of interviewing musicians including Sinead O'Connor, Gwen Stefani, Emily Haines, Noel Gallagher, Alicia Keys, The Strokes, Andre 3000, Wes Anderson, Jennifer Lopez, Missy Elliot, Sigur Ross and more.
Sarah has attempted many daring deeds while on air, including milking goats, bungee jumping, skydiving, and getting a tattoo. She much prefers her present on-air role, where she focuses on introducing new artists to a music-hungry public.
As a young girl facing many challenges, Sarah searched for positive role models in her life. Now in a position to influence others, she's taking her amazing life story to those who are willing to be moved by a journey about overcoming adversity.
- M.C., Interactive Demos
- Youth, Girls Esteem
- Sarah graduated from McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario.
- Prior to her work with MuchMusic, Sarah began to work as a model, moving to Toronto and signing with Elite Models International.
- A random visit to a live taping of a MuchMusic event resulted in Sarah being approached by a producer, and being offered a VJ audition.
- Sarah gained experience quickly through live taping, creating her own interview scripts, and writing original segments.
- After turns hosting the daily live show, taping countless interviews, hosting Much's entertainment news show, traveling around the world, co-hosting the annual live award shows and meeting some of the most interesting, talented and famous people in the world, Sarah's experiences at MuchMusic have helped her to better understand how important communication is and what kind of woman she wants to be.
In Her Words
"I've always considered myself a conscious person, but the challenges and obstacles I've faced in my life have made me realize with certainty that searching for ‘you' and finding truth is the only real way to be happy."
Key NotesFee Range: 5,000 to 5,000 CDN Lives In: Toronto, Canada
- MuchMusing: Who Are You Meant to Be? -- As a woman in the media, Sarah has had a first hand look at how representations of young people can affect their perceptions of self. She learned how crucial communication skills can be in life. Life can be enthralling, rewarding, terrifying, and but extremely challenging. On this journey through life, our identity is continuously evolving. In particular, young people are continuously challenged to define who they are in a world that can be hostile and judgemental. While personal tastes come and go, and fashions change through the seasons, character is something that Sarah believes is integral to being a part of a better world and being a better person. Integrity, honesty, and the ability to show vulnerability and strength are traits that Sarah considers pillars of character, and it is her goal as a role model to inspire youth to explore themselves and discover how they too can discover their own identities and purpose.