Web and TV show host. Bestselling author.International speaker. Award winning CEO of The Marketing Zen Group – a global online marketing and PR firm.
Shama is the face of today’s digital world, and represents the best her generation has to offer. She has aptly been dubbed the “master millennial of the universe” and “an online marketing shaman” by Fast Company.com.
Shama holds a Masters degree in Organizational Communication from the University of Texas at Austin, and prides herself in being a constant learner. Through her web marketing company, Shama works with businesses and organizations around the world.
When not working directly with her clients or shooting her show, Shama travels the world speaking on business, entrepreneurship, and technology. Audiences around the world especially enjoy Shama’s presentation on social media marketing.
- Information Technology (IT)
- Creativity, Innovation
- Entrepreneurs, Networking
- Marketing, Branding
- Business - New Media
- Social Media
- Shama's book, The Zen of Social Media Marketing, has been a best-seller. Since being published in April 2010, it has been translated into multiple languages, including Chinese and Korean. The second edition is due out in the Spring of 2012.
- In 2011, Entrepreneur Magazine featured Shama as one of four Super Sonic Youth, dubbing her a “Zen Master of Marketing.”
- In 2010, Shama won the prestigious Technology Titan Emerging Company CEO award.
- In 2009, Business Week honored Shama as one of the Top 25 under 25 entrepreneurs in North America.
- Shama also hosts two segments on CW 33 – Tech Zen with Shama and Socially Sound with Shama.
Key NotesFee Range: 5,000 to 7,500 USD Lives In: Dallas, TX
- 11 Digital Trends to Lookout for in 2011
- Facebook Marketing: How to Leverage the Biggest Social Network on the Planet
- Hybrid Websites 2.0 – The Future of Websites
- Social Media Marketing for B2B Companies
- Social Networking: How to Network and Succeed from Behind a Computer Screen
- The Zen of Social Media Marketing --
Facebook is closing in at 600 million users. Twitter is the fastest growing social site with 55 million. And LinkedIn is already the favorite child of over 65 million professional business users. It has never been as easy, as efficient, or as quick to reach people and get known as it is now.
Shama Kabani, dubbed an “online marketing shaman and a master millennial of the universe” by Fast Company.com and author of The Zen of Social Media Marketing shows you how—and how to not get overwhelmed in the process.
Focused on easy-to-implement, “Zen-minded” methods and techniques, Shama’s talk includes:
- Where social media marketing fits in the bigger marketing picture and how to measure your efforts.
- How to drive traffic to your sites and generate qualified leads.
- How to find and create strategic joint venture (JV) relationships using social media.
- The #1 reason people fail at social media marketing… and how to avoid that mistake.
- Understanding the Working Mindset of Gen Y and Millennials
- When I grow up, I want to be an Entrepreneur: Lessons in Entrepreneurship
- On behalf of the Alliance of Technology and Women (ATW), I want to thank you for delivering a fantastic presentation on Tuesday night. You kicked off our summer setting a high standard for our series. From a quantitative perspective you were a hit with nearly 100% rating the event excellent. From a qualitative perspective there were comments such as: great topic and very valuable and interesting real world example of how social media is being used. -- Lisa Danzer, President of ATW
- Shama (Hyder) Kabani is the perfect blend of professional and yet real. Her ability to simplify complex subjects and capture a crowd with her magnetic personality is unparalleled. -- Gail Goodwin, Inspire Me Today
- Shama’s enthusiasm, cheery personality, and desire to truly help others made her one of the hits of the Aloha Summit. If we can, we’d be delighted to have her back again as a speaker. -- Dave Taylor, co-organizer, The Aloha Social Media Summit